Updated February 6, 2020
The 2021 MRA Spring Conference is schedule for June 10-13, 2021, though we expect it will be a bit different do to the Covid-19 pandemic. It is our hope that the situation will be very different by the time conference happens in June, but we are actively planning mitigation and safety measures to protect attendees and facility staff at Seven Springs Mountain Resort.
All attendees must follow published Pennsylvania State Law, MRA Conference policies and code of conduct, and Seven Springs Mountain Resort polices that are in effect at the time of the Conference. Failure to do so will result in being removed from the Conference with no refund.
2021 MRA Spring Conference Covid-19 Mitigation Polices and Plans:
- It is highly recommended that all attendees have received the Covid-19 at least 14-days prior to attending the Conference.
- Masks will be required in-side and outside when social distancing of 6 feet is not possible.
- Anyone feeling sick or unwell should not attend or participate in the conference. All attendees are subject to an exam by a medical professional, which may include an external temperature check. Anyone displaying Covid-19 symptoms may be deigned entry to the conference.
- Temperatures will be taken at check-in and may be taken at the start of any session or upon entry or re-entry to the facility throughout the conference.
- We will hold as much of the conference outside as possible, including:
- Main meals will be outside and spread out
- The opening social will have an outdoor mingling Area
- Some presentations and talks will be outside/in tents
- The SAR Olympics will remain a key event for the MRA Conference. Social distancing and masks will be required. Eye protection is encouraged.
June is the month with the highest average precipitation in the Allegheny Highlands. You will be outside a lot. Bring your rain gear.
The Conference organizers and all attendees must follow Pennsylvania State law that is in effect at the time of the conference. These requirements change frequently:
- Pennsylvania Universal Face Covering Order: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/Documents/Diseases%20and%20Conditions/Updated%20Order%20of%20the%20Secretary%20Requiring%20Universal%20Face%20Coverings.pdf
- Pennsylvania requirements for Events and Gatherings: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Guidance/Event-Occupancy.aspx
- Pennsylvania Covid-19 information for travelers : https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx
- If you require Covid-19 testing while in Pennsylvania to return to your home state, testing is currently available as several near-by locations and at the Pittsburgh Airport:
- CVS Pharmacy, 110 South Pleasant Ave, Somerset, PA 155001
- UPMC Somerset, 225 S. Center Ave, Somerset, PA 15501 – 814-443-5096
- Pittsburgh International Airport rapid Covid testing
The Conference organizers and all attendees must follow Seven Springs Mountain Resort that is in effect at the time of the conference. These requirements may change over time:
- Seven Springs Mountain Resort Covid-19 Polices and Procedures: https://www.7springs.com/clean-and-safe/