Updated May 20, 2021
The 2021 MRA Spring Conference is scheduled for June 10-13, 2021, and we expect it will be a bit different from normal due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are actively planning mitigation and safety measures to protect attendees and facility staff at Seven Springs Mountain Resort. Pennsylvania has announced that capacity restrictions and indoor crowd-size limits will be lifted as of May 31.
All attendees must follow published Pennsylvania state law and mandates, MRA Conference policies and code of conduct, and Seven Springs Mountain Resort polices that are in effect at the time of the Conference. Failure to do so will result in being removed from the Conference with no refund.
While national and state Covid-19 policies are changing rapidly, the following will be in effect for the comfort and safety of all conference attendees.
2021 MRA Spring Conference Covid-19 Mitigation Polices and Plans:
- It is highly recommended that all attendees have received the Covid-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to attending the Conference.
- Masks will be required when inside the conference area, except for speakers when presenting, and during meals, while eating and drinking.
- Masks are required outside when social distancing of 6 feet is not possible, except for those who have been fully vaccinated.
- Anyone feeling sick or unwell should not attend or participate in the conference. All attendees are subject to an exam by conference staff, which may include an external temperature check. Anyone displaying Covid-19 symptoms may be denied entry to the conference.
- Meals will include both indoor and outdoor seating options.
- Some class sessions will be indoors, some will be outdoors in covered areas. Masks will be required during all class sessions, except for speakers who are presenting.
- Masks are required in the vendor area, which will be indoors.
- Most of the Conference is being held in a building, the Ski Lodge, that is separate from the main complex of Seven Springs resort and hotel. The walkways between the main hotel and the Ski Lodge are outdoors. All sessions that are indoors are being held in large rooms which we will be using at reduced capacity, in order to maintain social distancing. Note that other areas of the resort outside the main Conference areas, including hallways, restaurants, the lobby, stores, and other common areas may not require masks and you may encounter non-masked guests and employees of the hotel.
- The Friday and Saturday night keynote talks will be held indoors in the Grand Ball Room. These talks will be the only sessions in which all attendees will potentially be together in one place. The room has a capacity for 600+ people, but we expect to have less than 175 in the room to maintain social distancing. Masks will be required.
- The SAR games will remain a key event for the MRA Conference. Per the Pennsylvania state mask mandate, masks are required outside when social distancing of 6 feet is not possible, except for those who have been fully vaccinated.
The Conference organizers and all attendees must follow Pennsylvania State law that is in effect at the time of the conference. These requirements change frequently:
- Pennsylvania Universal Face Covering Order: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/Documents/Diseases%20and%20Conditions/Updated%20Order%20of%20the%20Secretary%20Requiring%20Universal%20Face%20Coverings.pdf
- If you require Covid-19 testing while in Pennsylvania to return to your home state, testing is currently available as several near-by locations and at the Pittsburgh Airport:
- CVS Pharmacy, 110 South Pleasant Ave, Somerset, PA 155001
- UPMC Somerset, 225 S. Center Ave, Somerset, PA 15501 – 814-443-5096
- Pittsburgh International Airport rapid Covid testing
The Conference organizers and all attendees must follow Seven Springs Mountain Resort policies that are in effect at the time of the conference. These requirements may change over time:
- Seven Springs Mountain Resort Covid-19 Polices and Procedures: https://www.7springs.com/clean-and-safe/